March 28, 2012

Outdoor Light!
When we first moved into our house almost 6 years ago we took down our outdoor front porch light. It just looked so ugly and weathered. I didn't like the color either. After taking it down we went shopping for something we thought would look better. Little did we know that these outdoor lights cost between $60 and $70 new. And that's for a cheap one. Being new home owners we decided we would rather put that money toward other home remodel projects. We decided to hang on to our ugly outdoor light and maybe try to refinish it in the future. We put something cheap and temporary up and cheap and temporary lasted nearly 6 years. While working on other projects recently, I noticed our old outdoor light sitting in our garage. I decided that now would be a good time to give this light a make over. 

 Here's the before picture. I took it apart before I took a good pictures of it. But you can see the color and how yucky it looked.
 Here it is all primed with Kilz spray paint primer.
 And Voila! Here it is all shiny and new with a coat of white paint.
 Look at what a coat of paint can do to make this old outdoor light look new. I'm so glad we decided to hang onto this old light. Now I just need to adjust my star. 

0 comments: